The PTA is working on multiple programs to support both our Juana Briones community and our wider community during COVID-19. We invite all Briones families to join us in volunteering or donating if you’re able to do so.
Check out the Juana Briones Covid-19 Resource Page.
Join a support committee
We have volunteers working on a number of programs, and we need your help too! Sign up for eNEWS for updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. We are:
- Picking up PAUSD lunches and delivering them to families who are not able to make the pick-up.
- Helping families set up their WIFI access and identifying those without devices.
- Working with teachers to print out and mail work packets to families without printers.
- Putting Palo Alto families who have self identified in touch with local services to feed their families.
- Working with other PTA leaders to determine how to assemble and distribute school supplies before Spring Break and to help provide meals during this time.
- Establishing relationships with the South Palo Alto Food Bank and our families in need, to get food picked up by families.
- Working with Google to become part of its FEMA efforts.
- Setting up the Weekly Challenges on Facebook and on the Google Slides document and building more virtual socialization activities.
Donate to support the community
These local organizations are all ramping up efforts to support families in need due to loss of income at this time. Donations in any amount or volunteer hours will make a difference!
Ecumenical Hunger Program (EHP)
Ecumenical Hunger Program (EHP) published a wishlist of items they are in most need of at this time. Please consider dropping off items or simply donating money.
Second Harvest Food Bank
The Second Harvest Food Bank will be a major source of food for our most vulnerable families. Please consider supporting their much needed efforts with donations or volunteer time.
Ravenswood Community Foundation (REF)
The Ravenswood Community Foundation (REF) is establishing an emergency fund to provide financial relief related to the school closures for families in the Ravenswood School District.
Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula
Your donation to the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula will help them distribute dinners and grocery boxes to families in need.
RISE works closely with families and educators in East Palo Alto to support students from infancy through college.