It’s been a busy April, with work ongoing to support Briones families and help keep us all connected and sane! Here are some of the programs we began working on April.
- Purchased a subscription to Math Seeds to help support distance learning for our kindergarten students.
- Donated $1,000 to the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- Continued to help support access to school lunch and other programs for our families.
- Began working with Gunn students to set up corporate matching fund sign-ups for next year.
- Planned thank-yous for Teacher Appreciation Week.
In addition, we:
- Delivered school supplies and activities to our vulnerable families.
- Delivered books to all first and second graders.
- Provided approximately $2,000 in grocery gift cards and coordinated partnership of local food bank to support families with food insecurities.
- Continued to deliver tech devices and hot spots to families needing devices or exchanges.
- Delivered groceries to families over Spring Break.
We’re also hard at work budgeting and planning for the 2020-2021 school year. We know there’s a lot of uncertainty, but we also know that the Briones community will continue to help support our students!