Harvest Festival is almost here, and
WE NEED YOU TO VOLUNTEER!
Carnival Games, Jumpy House & Slide, Obstacle Course, Snow Cone, Popcorn & Cotton Candy Machines all need volunteers to make the Harvest Festival a success!
Click this link to sign up directly or contact Candice Wheeler email@example.com to volunteer at this event!
HARVEST FESTIVAL INFORMATION
DATE: Saturday, October 19th
TIME: 2:30 to 5:30 pm
WHERE: Juana Briones Elementary School
WHO: Children of all ages & abilities, and their families!
Donations & recycling
Green Team Up-Cycle Drive and Student Council Coat & Food Drive!
As a part of our amazing Bobcat community, we are focused on teaching our kids the importance of going green and helping others in our community. This Harvest Festival we are making sure we do just that by having donation drives. Have your kids help you go through your closets, toy storage, cupboards and pantries this weekend!
1. Prize Drive. Donate gently used toys to be re-used as Carnival Game prizes! Children’s books, board games, and small toys (smaller than your hand – party favors, bouncy balls, figurines, hot wheel cars, etc.).
2. Halloween Costume Share Faire. Donate good condition costumes and accessories and get a “new to you” up-cycled costume!
3. Used Spiritwear. Outgrown spiritwear still in good shape? Recycle it at our station. Drop it in the recycle bin. If you see something you like, take it!
Collection boxes for these items will be outside the main office at drop-off and pick-up this Monday Oct 14th and Friday Oct 18th. Please contact the Green Team if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Coat Drive. Donate your outgrown winter coats to our Briones Student Council Coat Drive! Gently used adult and child sized coats are being accepted through Friday Oct 18th in your child’s classroom or bring them to the Coat Drive rack near ticketing at the Harvest Festival on Oct 19th.
5. Second Harvest Food Bank Drive. The Harvest Festival is a special event where our Juana Briones community comes together to create memories. We know the high cost of living in Silicon Valley can force some families to sacrifice putting food on the table in order to pay for critical expenses, making memories take a backseat to simply surviving. Let’s help our neighbors by providing healthy food they may not normally be able to afford. Please bring your non-perishable food items to the collection bins near ticketing during the Harves t Festival on Oct 19th. You can also donate online at Second Harvest Food Bank Harvest Festival Campaign.
Examples of healthy non-perishable foods: Canned foods with pop-top lids including: Tuna, salmon, or chicken; Fruit in its own juice or water; Low sodium vegetables; Soup, stew or chili. Also:Peanut butter; Olive or canola oil; Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt- free spice blends); Low sugar whole grain cereals; Nutritious snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit); Bottled water.