Visit Books Inc and let’s support a local bookstore and Briones! A portion of the proceeds will be donated back to our school.
May 11-20, 2020
Shop online at www.booksinc.net
Enter code BRIONES2020 at checkout
Any purchase you make will help support our school, but if you’re looking for some fabulous kid-friendly recommendations, please check out the Briones Book Fair Recommendation List from our librarian, Ms. Julie. Don’t forget to enter the code BRIONES2020 so that your purchase can be tracked to our school. (This code will only be valid between May 11 and May 20.)
It’s been a busy April, with work ongoing to support Briones families and help keep us all connected and sane! Here are some of the programs we began working on April.
- Purchased a subscription to Math Seeds to help support distance learning for our kindergarten students.
- Donated $1,000 to the COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- Continued to help support access to school lunch and other programs for our families.
- Began working with Gunn students to set up corporate matching fund sign-ups for next year.
- Planned thank-yous for Teacher Appreciation Week.
In addition, we:
- Delivered school supplies and activities to our vulnerable families.
- Delivered books to all first and second graders.
- Provided approximately $2,000 in grocery gift cards and coordinated partnership of local food bank to support families with food insecurities.
- Continued to deliver tech devices and hot spots to families needing devices or exchanges.
- Delivered groceries to families over Spring Break.
We’re also hard at work budgeting and planning for the 2020-2021 school year. We know there’s a lot of uncertainty, but we also know that the Briones community will continue to help support our students!
Yearbooks are still available for order, and will be delivered directly to your home. Here’s how to order:
- go to www.treering.com/validate
- enter our school passcode: 1014978833542648
- create a TreeRing account
- purchase immediately, or create custom pages
About custom pages
Each yearbook can printed uniquely for your child, and two custom pages are included in the purchase price. Just upload the photos of your choice and use the simple page designer to create a page of special memories for your child.
About yearbook signatures
Our students can’t be together right now, but they can still sign each other’s yearbooks! New this year, TreeRing is offering PDF signatures, where students can sign a friend’s yearbook with a personal message. Signatures are shared with the school community and can be added to custom pages. Learn more.
JUANA BRIONES PTA COVID-19 RESOURCES
The PTA is working on multiple programs to support both our Juana Briones community and our wider community. We invite all Briones families to join us in volunteering or donating if you’re able to do so.
Donate directly to Briones families
Through our Food Drive immediately after school closures, we were able to raise enough funds to give $100 gift cards to 20 Briones families in need. If you would like to continue to offer support, you can do so through our online store. 100% of the funds go directly to the families.
Join a support committee
We have volunteers working on a number of programs, and we need your help too! Sign up for eNEWS for updates or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. We are:
- Picking up PAUSD lunches and delivering them to families who are not able to make the pick-up.
- Helping families set up their WIFI access and identifying those without devices.
- Working with teachers to print out and mail work packets to families without printers.
- Putting Palo Alto families who have self identified in touch with local services to feed their families.
- Working with other PTA leaders to determine how to assemble and distribute school supplies before Spring Break and to help provide meals during this time.
- Establishing relationships with the South Palo Alto Food Bank and our families in need, to get food picked up by families.
- Working with Google to become part of its FEMA efforts.
- Setting up the Weekly Challenges on Facebook and on the Google Powerpoint document and building more virtual socialization activities.
JUANA BRIONES PTA COVID-19 RESOURCES
These local organizations are all ramping up efforts to support families in need due to loss of income at this time. Donations in any amount or volunteer hours will make a difference!
Ecumenical Hunger Program (EHP) published a wishlist of items they are in most need of at this time. Please consider dropping off items or simply donating money.
The Second Harvest Food Bank will be a major source of food for our most vulnerable families. Please consider supporting their much needed efforts with donations or volunteer time.
The Ravenswood Community Foundation (REF) is establishing an emergency fund to provide financial relief related to the school closures for families in the Ravenswood School District.
Your donation to the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula will help them distribute dinners and grocery boxes to families in need.
RISE works closely with families and educators in East Palo Alto to support students from infancy through college.